With a week left in the mid-west, Dallas and I decided to take a trip to Kansas City MO to visit some church history sites. We left Friday after school and stayed in a hotel. Saturday we went to Liberty Jail, Independence, and on the way home Adam-ondi-ahman. The kids were really antsy and did not want to tour anything. We did get through Liberty Jail and the visitors center in Independence. Our guide in Independence rewarded the kids by taking them to the play area half way through. There was a small scale replica cabin and wagon. The kids had so much fun playing that they did not want to get back in the car. Our last place to visit was Adam-ondi-ahman, it was just a field but you could still feel a spirit about it. The kids loved it. They played in the wet grass and muddy road. They had so much fun. After trying to get more pictures we got back in the car and drove home. We have really enjoyed living in the mid-west.

Diehl family in Adam-ondi-ahman

Rhylee and Ainsley playing in wagon box

MacEnzie in cabin

Rhylee and Ainsley with the wagon

kids at Adam-ondi-ahman

kids in front of a statue of Christ

Dallas showing Rhylee the nail prints

All the kids on the wagon
8 comments:
That is so cool!! I would love it! The kids are so cute. How fun that cabin would be! I'm excited for you guys to move back to MT. That means trips to ID more often! And dang if that doesn't mean coming thru Rexburg! Sort of. You can swing over, or I'll meet you.
What a wonderful trip. We should have done that when we were there. You guys are so awesome to get your kids out and do that. We hope packing and moving goes smoothly. We wish we were there to help.
Jason & Rachel
What a fun trip! I love the little covered wagon... almost makes me wish I was a little kid and could play on it too! :) Your kids are SOOO cute!
Melissa, You look so happy and your kids are adorable. I'm glad you found me on facebook because I'd love to get reaquainted. You can check out my blog too. It's www.idahostyers.blogspot.com even though we live in Utah now. It's a long story...Take care. Natalie
Melissa, you moving is like ripping off a band-aid slowly! Seriously. Anyone else need to leave because I smell that bad?! We will miss you guys. I finally found someone to roll my eyes with at playgroup and POOF you're leaving. Your family is amazing. You have taught me loads. Please keep in touch...I heard about ya'll moving the moving up (did that make sense?) I'll see what I can do to come and bug you guys! Much Love- The McKanes
So...I didn't get to say Goodbye. I was thinking about you guys last night when Steve came home, and wish I would have. Hope that your trip goes well. Drop me a line when you get there! You are such an amazing family and I'm really going to miss your kids...oh yeah and you two!!
Hey, I'm a random person you've never met. But I saw your comment on Rachel Whitings blog, and clicked here, because my last name was Diehl before I was married. It's not that common of a last name! I live in Athens GA, and also know the Schlags.
Where is your husband from? My Grandpa Diehl was born in Erie PA and moved to AZ when he was a teen. He and grandma joined the church after they were married.
My family blog is pinestraw.blogspot. Or you can email. alynhancock at yahoo
Hey Melissa! How are you?! Just found your blog... I can't wait to catch up with what's been happening!
Post a Comment